The Seven Keys to CFC Success
The Seven Keys to Success for a CFC Nonprofit are:
1) Work from your strengths.
2) Learn the CFC game – what the rules are, and how to play.
3) Use all 12 months of the year.
4) Understand why the CFC is the most donor friendly means of contributing in the world, and how to use that fact to help your nonprofit to both “grow givers” and “grow the pie.”
5) Learn how to get maximum benefit from the “Resource Pyramid Tetrahedron™ – (3 sided pyramid).
Use the CFC to generate other resources in addition to money: volunteers, information, market research, etc. Use your nonprofit’s CFC program as part of your nonprofit’s leadership development program.
6) Use the Tools of 21st Century.
7) Say Thank You Early and Often.
All these points are important, but number 7 is probably the most important. In workplace giving there are multiple people to thank, not just the donors. Thank the volunteers who plan, manage and conduct the campaigns, as well as the head of the sponsoring organizations.
Thank yous are appropriate at any time, and in multiple venues including newsletters, annual reports, in person at special events, etc.
When you thank your direct volunteers during National Volunteer week, also thank your workplace giving volunteers. Even though you will never know their names you can still tell them “Thank You!”